LADYBUG CLAN APPLICATION
The Ladybug Foundation would like to support children and their families facing childhood Neurofibromatosis in New Zealand. We know that living with neurofibromatosis often involves some major adjustments to family life and it can be a worrying and difficult time. Along with the emotional and physical toll, financial strain can be very stressful for parents. There are some fantastic support services already helping families and we are wanting to be able to help out too! Families who have a child (0-20 years of age in New Zealand) with Neurofibromatosis are invited to register to become part of the “Ladybug Clan”. Once registered you will be eligible to be in the draw to become a recipient of the Ladybug Clan Services.
Ladybug Clan services:
• Petrol and grocery vouchers – Ladybug Foundation will draw one registered 'family' per month who will receive a $50 petrol voucher or a $50 grocery voucher (Total value $50). This will be drawn once a month with a total of 12 draws a year. Recipients of the vouchers may be subject to a stand-down period (at the Ladybug Foundation’s discretion) before being placed back into the draw for future petrol and grocery vouchers, however this does not exclude that family from any other Ladybug Clan services.
• Birthday gifts –Ladybug Foundation will provide gifts for children who are registered with the Charity while in Starship Children’s Hospital on their birthday.
• Christmas Grocery Vouchers –Registered families will be in the draw to receive a Christmas grocery vouchers (Drawn in December, valued at $200).
• Family Weekend Getaway package within New Zealand - for families dealing with complications associated with NF. As holidays for families with high needs is sometimes not possible. Families with a chronically ill child are often placed under immense emotional, physical and financial stress. To help relieve this burden Ladybug Foundation is creating a Family Weekend Getaway. This much needed time away is offering one Ladybug Clan family, drawn once per year, the chance for a memorable family getaway, it gives families the chance to re-energise to help live with the ill-ness together. Winning family cannot apply the following year (Drawn 1 January of each new year)
Families applying for a family getaway must complete and return the necessary application forms. All applications must be approved by the selection panel. Upon approval a confirmation letter will be mailed to the applicants stating they are entered into the annual draw (Drawn each year, 1 January - first draw 1st January 2016).
Winning family cannot apply the following year.
Winning family will receive a confirmation letter, booking reference and other relevant information will be mailed out.
No correspondence will be entered into and the panel decision will be final.
Eligible Getaway families are defined as:
1. registered with the Ladybug Clan (as per above)
2. Child/ren (up to and including 20 years) with complications associated with Neurofibroma-tosis (epilepsy, aspergers, plexiform neurofibromas, cancer etc)
3. Any family that has suffered a recent loss of a child due to complications associated with Neurofibromatosis